What is GATE?
PSU through GATE- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an examination which is the finest way to upgrade public organizations and the research field . GATE is an All-India level examination conducted in eight zones across the India by the committee for gate comprises Faculty members from IISc, Bangalore and other seven IIT’s on behalf of the National Coordinating Board, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
The following table shows the organizing institutes in various years:
In GATE examination, candidates can apply for only one of the 24 papers listed in the table given below. Candidates are expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree. However, candidates are free to choose any paper according to their admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which they wish to seek admission.
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
With a valid score in GATE an aspirant can select the most suitable option from wide range options to his final career destination :
- M.Tech/M.S./ M.E. – Candidates on qualifying GATE, get a financial aid of 12400/- per month in the form of UGC scholarship. After the completion of course students get good campus placements in National and International, private or public companies.
- PhD. – Candiadates with keen interest in Research and Development can also opt for PhD from IITs/NITs and various other reputed instituitions.
- Several reputed PSUs and research organizations recruit on basis of GATE Score. i.e. IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL, BARC etc.
- Junior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Senior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Junior Research Associates/ Senior Project Associates
- Scientists “C” grade jobs
- Career in Research & Development
- Many private firms and industries calls candidates for personal interview based on the GATE score.
- A number of universities in foreign also select the candidates on the basis of the GATE score for their M.S or PhD programmes.
GATE 2020 Eligibility
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Type of Questions asked:
GATE 2019 Exam consists of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Type Questions in all papers & sections. Multiple Choice Questions contain 4 choices, out of which only one is correct. For Numerical Type Questions a numerical value as the answer should be filled on the monitor. The following are type of Questions:
The questions in a paper may be designed to test the following abilities:
- Recalling ability: These are based on facts, formulae or laws in the respective discipline of the paper. The candidate is expected to be able to obtain the answer either from his/her memory of the subject or at most from a one-line calculation.
- Comprehension type: These questions will test the candidate’s understanding of the basics of the respective field, by drawing simple conclusions from fundamentals and basics.
- Application part: In these questions, the candidate is required to use knowledge through both computation or by logical reasoning.
- Analytical and Synthesis part: In this, the candidate is presented with diagrams, images, etc. to analyze the questions. A Synthesis like question requires to compare two or more pieces of information. Questions in this part , for example, involve candidates in recognizing unstated assumptions, or separating useful information from unuseful information.
|GATE - (OFFLINE)||Electronics And Communication Engineering||Rs. 35,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (ONLINE)||Electronics And Communication Engineering||Rs. 17,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (OFFLINE)||Electrical And Electronics Engineering||Rs. 35,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (ONLINE)||Electrical And Electronics Engineering||Rs. 17,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (OFFLINE)||Instrumentation Engineering||Rs. 35,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (ONLINE)||Instrumentation Engineering||Rs. 17,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (OFFLINE)||Computer Science Engineering||Rs. 35,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (ONLINE)||Computer Science Engineering||Rs. 17,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (OFFLINE)||Civil Engineering||Rs. 35,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (ONLINE)||Civil Engineering||Rs. 17,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (OFFLINE)||Mechanical Engineering||Rs. 35,500/-||Enroll|
|GATE - (ONLINE)||Mechanical Engineering||Rs. 17,500/-||Enroll|